Monday, March 26, 2018

The Seven unforgiveable sins of WotC

Wizards of the Coast, as many of you have seen before, went from being a minor start up, to a successful independent, to finally a multi-billion dollar company. Naturally, this took a good business sense, some luck, and some unforgivable sins.While this could be looked at from the game as a whole (I can write a book on the consequences of moving from the OGL 3.5 to 4.0, and the fall out that followed), this series will pertain largely to M:tG.

It will be a series of articles on issues like Fetchlands, Planeswalkers, Mythic Rares, NWO, and so forth. Each article will contain sources, the reason for these decisions, quotes, and even images.

Naturally, due to the amount of research that these articles will require, don't expect them to come out all at once, and no, I'm not moving away from my more popular 'card theme'd' articles.

I feel instead these issues need to be written down, to be addressed, for better or worse, and to be known. I understand my blog is a small blip on the radar, but perhaps someone more known then me will take it to themselves to write these things better then I could, and to get these issues (both past and present known).

No comments:

Post a Comment