Sunday, December 1, 2019

Surfing Omegle



When I was asked to replace a person who dropped in the "Duel Commander: event for November, I had decided, after a heated argument, to build Abu Ja'Far. However, a talk about politics isn't alone, the other reason was for none other then I've had an itch to try my hands at White Weenie.

Why? I'm not sure, but it's something I hadn't built in a rather long time, and I always use to like white as a color.  Perhaps the idea of knights and soldiers, storming together and overcoming foes is my reason for this, or perhaps, I'm just bad at Magic, who knows.

Had I realized the starting life total was 30 instead of 20, I might have gone with something more midrange!


Creatures
 
 
 
No photo description available.
 
 
 
 
 
Probably the biggest cost of this, was the lack of artifact creatures. While that will make sense in a second, it was rather a dumb piece of oversight, as the Abyss is very real.
 
Also, unfortunate, is I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried, find an Order of the White Shield at the last minute (basically I didn't own one). However I did want to utilize as many mana dumps and pump effects as possible, since the late game is often not a lot to do, and lots of mana available, which is why I included Icatian Priest and Kjeldoran Knight.
 
If only I kept the Trade Caravan, maybe...
 
Serra Angel and Aysen Crusaders turned out to be big MVP's, with honorable mentions going to Kjeldoran Knight, Icatian Lieutenant, Shield Bearer, and Abu himself.
 
 
Pump Effects
 
What would white be without them? I included every pump effect available in the format besides Angelic Voices (again, don't own one). This included Serra Aviary, which in retrospect, I question, but worked well with the idea of utilizing it as removal, and I once killed the Abyss with it.
 
 


Image may contain: 1 person
 
 
 
Ashnods Transmiggathingy got put into the deck as a anti-terror/abyss tech, as well as a deterent in combat. While Moral and Army of Allah allowed them to utilize more constructive tactics.
 
Formation and Heal were both included in the deck for it's cantrip abilities (but lightning blow was in another deck).
 
Death Ward helped me in a pinch more than once, including against a disc at one point.
 
Finally Blessings was met with much fanfare, but did little, and most games I played it, I felt I put it on the wrong target.
 
 
Removal
 
 

 
 
Rather light, which is the biggest issue with the deck. I probably should have included disc, and maybe even Time Bomb into the mix.
 
 
In reality consistency is key, and against control, it became a race to see if I could do enough damage before a Moat or Abyss dropped. Against weenie or midrange, it became an issue of having to fight off bigger creatures. Which is where the issue ultimately stemmed from, and why the deck got it's name.
 
A bunch of small white creatures coming in strong, just to lie flaccid after a good start.
 
0-6. W/L.

No comments:

Post a Comment